Lauren O. Newton, Attorney At Law
Lauren O. Newton joined Charles G. Monnett III & Associates in 2011. Right out of law school, Lauren worked as a defense attorney representing employers and insurance companies. This background as a defense attorney gives her special insight during negotiations with insurance companies and while fighting for her injured clients. Lauren handles a wide array of cases including car wrecks, workers’ compensation, premises liability, employment discrimination and bad faith cases.
Lauren is a fierce advocate for her clients and is not afraid of a fight. In addition to success for her clients in jury trials, she has had recent success at the North Carolina Court of Appeals for two workers’ compensation clients in Myers v. Ben Mynatt Chevrolet Cadillac and Campbell v. Garda USA, Inc.
Lauren graduated from Elon University and worked as a political consultant prior to law school. Lauren graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 2009 and is licensed to practice law in both North and South Carolina. In addition, Lauren is an active member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice in which she currently serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Governors. Lauren is also the founder and President of the NCAJ Women’s Caucus and serves as the North Carolina Revitalization Governor on the Board of Governors for the American Association for Justice. Lauren is also an active member of the North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys and currently serves as that organization’s Nominations Chair in addition to serving as the Secretary for the local Charlotte Women’s Bar.
Lauren is a proud wife and mother who enjoys spending her time reading, trying new foods, running and Crossfit.
View a Testimonial from Lauren’s Client
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2009
- Juris Doctor
- Elon University, Elon, North Carolina, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science (International Studies)
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- South Carolina
Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Revitalization Board Member, 2014-2016 term
- Leaders Forum, member since 2011
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, 2006-present
- Federalist Society, member since 2006
REGIONAL & STATE ASSOCIATIONS
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Executive Committee, 2016
- Board of Governors, 2014-present
- Organizational Chair Women’s Caucus, 2015-present
- New Lawyers Division
- Auto Torts Section
- Workers Compensation Section
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- Board of Directors, member since 2013
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association, 2009 – present
- Charlotte Women’s Bar of the NCAWA
- Treasurer, 2014
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
- Gressman-Pollitt Award for Oral Advocacy, 2008
- Chief Justice of Holderness Moot Court, 2008-2009
- Moot Court Negotiation Team, 2007-2009
- Civil Rights Moot Court Team, 2007-2009
- Order of the Barristers, 2009
Three Ways We Can Help You Today
- Help you understand your rights as they apply to your unique case
- Help you to know which medical treatments may be needed
- Help take calls and handle the paper work from insurance companies
I was involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, so I contacted the attorney that I had used in a previous case. I explained to them the situation and they advised me that there was no way that I would be able to recover anything so they would not take my case. I then contacted Charles Monnett & Associates and they accepted my case and I am happy to say that their expert staff was able to settle my case with the insurance companies for $128,000.
In October 2010, my pregnant wife and I were in a horrendous accident in Charlotte, NC, caused by a drunk driver. We were struck head on by the driver traveling at nearly 100mph and sustained many life threatening injuries. We lost our unborn baby and were fighting to stay alive ourselves. This is not a time we could even think about an attorney, but fortunately, people we care about found Mr. Monnett! This incredible man visited us in the hospital at our request and made everything so easy for us during such a trying time. There's not another person on earth with whom I would trust such an important endeavor. His experience and knowledge overshadowed the defense by leaps and bounds. Mr. Monnett remained steadfast and confident throughout the process, while ultimately prevailing, it was amazing. I offer my highest recommendation to this great man and his top notch firm.
Charles Monnett was very helpful and lead me through the whole legality of my case. Charles was always available and informative on this process.