Helen S. Baddour
Helen joined Charles G. Monnett III & Associates in July of 2017 after practicing law for over two years in Goldsboro, North Carolina. Helen grew up around trial lawyers whose dedication to their clients and pursuit of justice inspired her to pursue a career in the law. She is passionate about advocating for individuals who have been injured by the negligence of others and focuses her practice on personal injury cases.
Helen graduated from North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2014 where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the North Carolina Central Law Review, Volume 36. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010 with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. Helen is an active member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and currently serves on the board of the Women’s Caucus, and she is an active member of the American Association for Justice.
Outside of practicing law, Helen is an avid runner. She also enjoys writing, cooking and supporting UNC Athletics.
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, 2014
- Juris Doctor
- Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Central Law Review, Volume 36
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
Associations & Memberships
Regional & State Associations
- American Association for Justice
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Charlotte Liaison, Women’s Caucus, 2017-present
- Auto Torts Section
- New Lawyers Division
Honors & Awards
- Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Central Law Review, Volume 36, 2013-2014
- Staff Editor, North Carolina Central Law Review, Volume 35, 2012-2013
- Susie Sharp Inn of Court, 2012-2014
- Client Counseling Intra-School Competition – First Place, 2013
- Kilpatrick Townsend Mock Trial Competition – First Place, 2011
Three Ways We Can Help You Today
- Help you understand your rights as they apply to your unique case
- Help you to know which medical treatments may be needed
- Help take calls and handle the paper work from insurance companies
I was involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, so I contacted the attorney that I had used in a previous case. I explained to them the situation and they advised me that there was no way that I would be able to recover anything so they would not take my case. I then contacted Charles Monnett & Associates and they accepted my case and I am happy to say that their expert staff was able to settle my case with the insurance companies for $128,000.
In October 2010, my pregnant wife and I were in a horrendous accident in Charlotte, NC, caused by a drunk driver. We were struck head on by the driver traveling at nearly 100mph and sustained many life threatening injuries. We lost our unborn baby and were fighting to stay alive ourselves. This is not a time we could even think about an attorney, but fortunately, people we care about found Mr. Monnett! This incredible man visited us in the hospital at our request and made everything so easy for us during such a trying time. There's not another person on earth with whom I would trust such an important endeavor. His experience and knowledge overshadowed the defense by leaps and bounds. Mr. Monnett remained steadfast and confident throughout the process, while ultimately prevailing, it was amazing. I offer my highest recommendation to this great man and his top notch firm.
Charles Monnett was very helpful and lead me through the whole legality of my case. Charles was always available and informative on this process.