Top Five Construction Accident Verdicts
Construction work is a dangerous line of employment that is highly litigated, often resulting in high jury awards and confidential settlements for job site accidents.
- Victim crushed by building receives $64 Million plus a confidential settlement
- Construction worker surfers spinal cord break on job site and receives $21.7 Million
- Mother Suffers $15.8 Million In Damages One Day Before Daughter’s Wedding
- Injury and wrongful death case leads to $13 Million award
- Undocumented worker crushed on job site receives $5 Million
A total of 4,585 workers were killed on the job in 2013. The latest available figures from OSHA break that number down to 88 deaths per week or more than 12 deaths every day.
A Dangerous Line Of Work
Although construction companies and contractors are required to undergo training in order to maintain a safe environment, there are still thousands of workers injured or killed on the job each year. According to OSHA, the “Fatal Four” of the construction industry top injuries are:
- Falls: 36.5%
- Struck by Object: 10.1%
- Electrocutions: 8.6%
- Caught-in/between: 2.5%.