Published On: 12.23.2011 Charlotte, NC
Keep Safe During Your Christmas Travels
On behalf of Charles G. Monnett III & Associates
The holidays are a time to celebrate, give thanks, and spend time with loved ones. While this time is supposed to be filled cheer, there are some dangers to be on the look out for. During the holidays you can expect many people to travel to visit family and friends and many people to be attending holiday parties. This means increased traffic and increased chances of people driving under the influence. This unfortunately makes the Christmas season one of the most dangerous times of the year to travel.
During this holiday season try to stay alert and follow some of these safety tips to make sure you and your loved ones have a happy holiday.
1. Always be aware of the drivers around you and the potential hazards on the road
2. Do not drink and drive.
3. Do not use cell phones or other mobile devices while you are driving.
4. Make sure you get a full night of sleep before you get behind the wheel.
5. Make sure you have directions and know how to get to your destination before you leave.
6. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of tinme to get to your destination so you do not get into a rush.
7. Make sure your car is mechanically sound before traveling long distances.
Some of these tips may sound like common sense to most people, but all of these factors attribute to too many accidents on a daily basis.
The attorneys and staff at Charles G. Monnett & Associates would like wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and safe travels!