Boyd Management owns and operates residential rental properties in most major cities across North Carolina and in many smaller communities.
Our firm is currently investigating Boyd Management’s property management practices related to the assessment and collection of eviction-related fees from tenants following the filing of a complaint for summary ejectment.
It is our understanding that Boyd Management regularly charged and collected filing fees, service fees, and attorneys’ fees after filing an eviction complaint against their tenants. This is in addition to late fees. This could add up to be hundreds of dollars, simply for being a couple of days late with rent!
Unfortunately, on June 25, 2018, the law changed to make it far easier for landlords to recover out-of-pocket legal expenses from tenants during eviction cases. Before this new legislation passed, landlords could not recover these eviction-related fees.
If you were charged these fees by Boyd Management or any other property before June 25, 2018, we are very interested in speaking with you. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of tenants for the illegal assessment of eviction-related fees.
Boyd Management represents itself as owning and/or operating the following properties:
- Pinegate Apartments (Ahoskie)
- Cherrywood Apartments (Cherryville)
- Ridge Oak Apartments (Columbus)
- Sand Hill Apartments (Dunn)
- Chadwick Apartments (Eden)
- Four Oaks Village (Four Oaks)
- Tall Pines Apartments (Hamlet)
- Kingswood Apartments (Kings Mountain)
- Austin Manor (LaFayette)
- Woodhill Apartments (Lincolnton)
- Oakland Village Apartments (Littleton)
- Lumberwood Apartments (Lumberton)
- Mill Tree Apartments (Marshville)
- Hillmont Village Apartments (Micro)
- Olde Towne Apartments (Plymouth)
- Woodwind Apartments (Reidsville)
- Cherry Knoll (Rutherfordton)
- Austin Manor (Smithfield)
- Abbington Oaks Apartments (Southport)
- Abbington Grove Apartments (Wadesboro)
- Colonial Lodge (Warrenton)
- Saw Mill Apartments (Whiteville)
- Abbington Crossing (Wilson)
- Abbington Gardens Apartments (Winston Salem)
If you had an eviction filed on you before June 25th, 2018, Maginnis Law’s consumer protection attorneys would like to speak with you confidentially. You may be entitled to a complete refund of all amounts of illegal eviction-related fees, plus a statutory penalty ranging from $500 to $4,000 per violation, in addition to your attorneys’ fees.
You may reach us at (919) 526-0450 or through our contact page.