Randall J. Phillips, Attorney At Law
Randall J. Phillips joined the firm in 2006 when he returned to Charlotte, where he grew up. Mr. Phillips’ practice focuses on medical malpractice and products liability, while he continues to handle motor vehicle liability and other cases involving serious injury or death. Much of Randall’s work is on referral from other attorneys around the country – a byproduct of litigating and trying cases throughout the Southeast, and his work with professional organizations over the last 21 years.
“It’s quite an honor to get a call from a lawyer in another state, and to be asked—out of all the other lawyers he or she could have called—to help their client who is in need. Sometimes they call because they’ve heard about a case that I tried or settled, or it may be that we have a mutual friend in another lawyer with whom I’ve worked in the past. I always look forward those cases where I not only get to help someone who needs it, but I also get to know and learn from another fellow trial lawyer.”
Randall is proud to be a Trial Lawyer. He knows that insurance companies and their attorneys keep track of the lawyers who actually try cases, and those who you may see on TV but who won’t dare darken the door of a courtroom.
“In dealing with clients I think it’s important to recognize that while I chose this profession, none of my clients… if given the choice… would choose to be where they are when they need my help. That is what motivates me to work harder and fight for justice for those who are unable to do so for themselves”.
Randall graduated summa cum laude from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and obtained his law degree from the University of Tennessee in 1994. He is licensed to practice law in North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia, and is admitted in numerous federal courts in all of those states, including the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, where he argued an important case involving tactics designed to intimidate an expert witness.
Outside the courtroom, Randall is a proud father, husband, and is actively involved in the community of Tega Cay, South Carolina, where he lives and enjoys playing golf.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1994
- Juris Doctor
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina, 1991
- Bachelor of Arts
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Courts in North Carolina, Tennessee, & Georgia
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Regional Director, 2005 National Law School Mock Trial Competition
- Member, Multiple Litigation Groups
- Melvin Belli Society
REGIONAL & STATE ASSOCIATIONS
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Board of Governors, 1998 – 2005
- Chair, Amicus Committee, 2004 – 2005
- Tega Cay Men’s Golf Association
- Board Member, 2014 – Present
- Tega Cay Community Advisory Board, MGA Representative