Emergency rooms have increasingly been used a point of primary care among many Americans. The influx of visitors means long wait times, mismanagement of patients, stressed or highly fatigued staff, low staff, shortage of hospital beds, rushing patients from one department to another, not spending enough time with patients to sufficiently obtain medical history, and failure to follow standard procedure. Each one of these may be the reason for an increase in emergency room errors that didn’t have to happen; they were preventable. The most common emergency room errors involve misdiagnosis or a failure to treat the patient’s condition. Other types of ER errors due to misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose include:
- Heart Attack / Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Fever from Infection, including Sepsis and Meningitis
- Internal Injuries to Blood Vessels or Organs
- Missed Fractures or other Injuries
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in an emergency room that you believe were due to the negligence of a physician or hospital staff, we’ll be happy to schedule a free case evaluation with a medical malpractice attorney to review your case, or call us toll-free at 800-377-9077.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES WE HANDLE
- Retained Objects From Surgery
- Anesthesia Errors & Complications
- Birth Injuries & Errors
- Surgical Errors & Complications
- Medication & Pharmacy Errors
- Emergency Room Errors
- Misdiagnosis or Failure to Diagnose
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESOURCES
3rd Party Resources
What does your hospital score?
Does your surgeon make the grade?
Three Ways We Can Help You Today
- Help you understand your rights as they apply to your unique case
- Help you to know which medical treatments may be needed
- Help take calls and handle the paper work from insurance companies
I was involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, so I contacted the attorney that i had used in a previous case. I explained to them the situation and they advised me that there was no way that i would be able to recover anything so
In October 2010, my pregnant wife and I were in a horrendous accident in Charlotte, NC, caused by a drunk driver. We were struck head on by the driver travelling at nearly 100mph and sustained many life threatening injuries
Charles Monnett was very helpful and lead me through the whole legality of my case. Charles was always available and informative on this process.